M-20339-1: Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016 (MOC)Zurück
- Introducing SharePoint 2016
- This module describes the structure and capabilities of a SharePoint environment, and the major changes for IT professionals in SharePoint 2016.
- This module also describes the options available for deploying SharePoint 2016.
- Designing an information architecture
- This module describes how to gather business requirements, and the key elements of a successful information architecture project.
- This module also explains how to structure information within a SharePoint 2016 deployment and make it easy to find and retrieve.
- Designing a logical architecture
- This module explains how to approach a logical architecture design and how to document it.
- Designing a physical architecture
- This module describes the physical design requirements for SharePoint 2016, and the physical components necessary to fulfill the physical architecture design. It also explains the SharePoint farm topologies, and describes how to map a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design.
- Installing and configuring SharePoint 2016
- This module explains how to install SharePoint 2016 in different topologies, script the installation, and configure a SharePoint 2016 environment.
- This module also explains how to configure the core farm-level settings in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Creating web applications and site collections
- This module explains how to create web applications in SharePoint 2016 and how to configure these applications. It also explains how to create and configure site collections in SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online.
- Planning and configuring service applications
- This module describes the service application architecture in SharePoint 2016, and how to provision and manage service applications.
- Managing users, permissions, and securing content
- This module explains how to configure authorization in SharePoint 2016. It also explains how to configure site collection security in SharePoint 2016.
- Configuring authentication for SharePoint 2016
- This module explains about the SharePoint 2016 authentication infrastructure, and how to configure claims, providers, and identity federation for SharePoint 2016. It also explains how to configure server-to-server authentication for SharePoint 2016.
- Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- This module explains how to secure a SharePoint 2016 deployment at the platform level, and how to configure farm-level security settings for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Managing taxonomy
- This module explains how to create and manage content types and content-type propagation. Additionally, it explains how to implement managed metadata in SharePoint web applications and site collections. It also explains how to configure the managed metadata service application in SharePoint 2016.
- Configuring user profiles
- This module explains how to configure the User Profile service application, and how to manage user profiles and audiences.
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- This module describes the Search service architecture, and explains how to configure the Search
- Monitoring and maintaining a SharePoint 2016 environment
- This module explains how to implement a monitoring plan for SharePoint 2016, and how to optimize the performance of a SharePoint 2016 deployment. It also explains how to plan for and configure SharePoint caching. Further, it explains how to identify and resolve problems in a SharePoint 2016 environment.
Students typically have more than one year of hands-on experience with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services. The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document management, content management, and search.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.